Skip to main content

Micah and Lydia

Micah and Lydia
                                                                         


25 years ago yesterday on Dec. 22, 1989 our son Micah was born. 15 years later before Micah turned 15 we waited for another baby to be born before Micah could have his bone marrow transplant. I asked Micah how he would like to have a baby brother or sister for his birthday and he said he would like that. Well the Lord gave him a sister, Lydia Faith Leake, born on Micah's birthday 10 years ago yesterday. What a gift she has been. I had given Micah the nickname of My Sunshine so it seemed fitting to call Lydia my sunshine as well. She was a blessing to Micah and many others in the hospital that first year of her life while Micah was having a bone marrow transplant and then when he relapsed and went in for more chemo she was always with us. Micah was with Lydia so much he seemed to be very intuitive and knew what she wanted by her cry. He was also very protective of her and e. He wanted to make sure I didn't strain myself so he would push her in the stroller and he would put her in the car seat and fold up the stroller and put it n the trunk. If she was crying in her bed he would get up out of his hospital bed and pick her up and comfort her. Once I left them both asleep in the hospital room and went to do laundry. When I came back Micah was holding her in the bed and comforting her even though he was sick to his stomach because of the chemo. Lydia brought a smile to Micah's face. He loved holding her and playing with her and putting a smile on her face. Later when Lydia was about 9 months old Micah started giving Lydia Fritos. She would get all excited when she saw him get out the Frito bag and couldn't get to him fast enough. He would be in the hospital bed and she would crawl over to him and take the Frito and then suck the salt off of it. Micah used to say that Lydia brought joy and happiness where ever she went. 9 years ago, 5 days before Micah's 16th birthday and Lydia's first birthday Micah went home to be with the Lord. Lydia missed him. She would point to his picture and say miss Mi mi (her name for Micah). Lydia and Micah shared a special bond. Mostly Lydia's memories are those she remembers from stories we told her and from pictures but in many ways she shares more than just his birthday in common with Micah. God had blessed Micah with a special walk with the Lord that really grew and strengthened as he suffered with leukemia. Yet through all of it he laughed and joked and didn't complain. He would even play tricks on the doctors and nurses to give them a laugh too. Micah was a good example to us all. When Micah found out that there was nothing more the doctors could do to help him his confession to Mark and I was “Either God does a miracle and heals me,or I die and go to be with the Lord. Either way I win. To live is Christ ,to die is gain.” Shortly before Micah died, our pastor came to visit and asked Micah if after all he had been through does he still say God is good? Micah lifted his head and looked at him with tears in his eyes and replied with a weak sick body, that yes , even more than ever he knows that God is so good to him. I am thankful for the almost 16 years God gave us with Micah and for his testimony. I am so thankful Micah trusted Christ as his Lord and savior and continued to look to Him till the very end. I am sure if he were alive today he would still say that Lydia still brings joy and happiness where ever she goes. She too has put her trust in Jesus and shines with the light of the Son. She is like a little butterfly that spreads joy and happiness where ever she goes. I am thankful for the My prayer for Lydia is that she would love Jesus more and more and give her life fully to Him and say at the end of her life, as many years as the Lord gives her, For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.”
Happy birthday Micah! I know you are rejoicing in the Lord! Happy Birthday Lydia. May you always love and trust Jesus! I love you.

                                                                       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smile

Smile I rushed out the door into the world. Anything could happen. I may get in a car accident. I may trip and break my leg. They might not have everything I need at the store. They might not have toilet paper! I may get corona virus! I was going outside of my bubble into the scary world. I was going to the grocery store. It is not my favorite thing to do anyway but I used to enjoy it more because there were other humans there to talk to and to smile at. Now I am not so sure. Now all I see is masked men and women and children. It is not a happy sight. I may see someone I know and not recognize them. Everyone just looks so impersonal. It seems like another world where you can not recognize any one. I miss going out in public and seeing people’s expressions and smiles. I miss talking even small talk in the grocery isles. I miss the joy of seeing someone I know and getting a chance to chat and catch up on our families, children, grandchildren, parents, friends, while we stand in fron

Stuck at Home? What’s a Mother to do?

We have been dependent on so many things. Even Home-schoolers are not used to being at home to do school. We’ re often depende nt on co-ops to teach our children. We drive them around and get others to teach them instead of teaching them at home. C o-ops come in all shapes and sizes. They are a great option and a blessing. They provide friends, tutors for subjects we don’t feel as confident in . T hey give us a sense of community. We are also dependent on various other groups such as sports, dance, mock trial, b ible studies etc. None of these are bad things in and of themselves, but maybe we have looked to these too much and became so crazy busy that we did not have time to rest and be quiet before the Lord . And now f or many of us if not most, in our town, state, country and around the world, we are suddenly sheltering at home because of the covid19 pandemic that has hit the world. W e find ourselves alone at home with our children and spouse for an indefinite a

Josiah Nathan

June 14, 2014~ For Josiah 26 years ago today God blessed us with another boy. Josiah Nathan I can say, You continue to bring us joy. Precious mem'ries are here to stay. Forgetting times you did annoy. Your laughter, spunk and fun at play, When you were young was your employ. Learning the Word and how to pray Taught to believe and to enjoy. Salvation is real not here-say Delight in Jesus, He's your joy. The Word of God does not decay, It is your sword, it's your deploy. So hide it in your heart to stay, Where storms of life can not destroy. Not on my knee, but I still pray. For God to keep you from decoy. Keep walking in the narrow way, With God your Father, your His boy. Love, Mom