Skip to main content

Womanhood

A definition of true womanhood


Comments

  1. I am especially drawn to those words "distinctive calling ". Our Sovereign Lord makes distinctions for His glory and for our good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smile

Smile I rushed out the door into the world. Anything could happen. I may get in a car accident. I may trip and break my leg. They might not have everything I need at the store. They might not have toilet paper! I may get corona virus! I was going outside of my bubble into the scary world. I was going to the grocery store. It is not my favorite thing to do anyway but I used to enjoy it more because there were other humans there to talk to and to smile at. Now I am not so sure. Now all I see is masked men and women and children. It is not a happy sight. I may see someone I know and not recognize them. Everyone just looks so impersonal. It seems like another world where you can not recognize any one. I miss going out in public and seeing people’s expressions and smiles. I miss talking even small talk in the grocery isles. I miss the joy of seeing someone I know and getting a chance to chat and catch up on our families, children, grandchildren, parents, friends, while we stand in fron

Stuck at Home? What’s a Mother to do?

We have been dependent on so many things. Even Home-schoolers are not used to being at home to do school. We’ re often depende nt on co-ops to teach our children. We drive them around and get others to teach them instead of teaching them at home. C o-ops come in all shapes and sizes. They are a great option and a blessing. They provide friends, tutors for subjects we don’t feel as confident in . T hey give us a sense of community. We are also dependent on various other groups such as sports, dance, mock trial, b ible studies etc. None of these are bad things in and of themselves, but maybe we have looked to these too much and became so crazy busy that we did not have time to rest and be quiet before the Lord . And now f or many of us if not most, in our town, state, country and around the world, we are suddenly sheltering at home because of the covid19 pandemic that has hit the world. W e find ourselves alone at home with our children and spouse for an indefinite a

Praise Him in The Storm

When you are unhappy and you know it, you may not be able to clap your hands. Your heart many be heavy and sad but even in the midst of the pain we can praise Jesus anyway, because He knows the end of the story and He wins. God is the one who gives and takes away. He is the One who holds our tears, every single one. No pain is wasted. Look to Christ. He will get your through. Even in your tears and your sorrow. Praise Him in the Storm. He really is the only One who can carry your through the darkest hours. One of my favorite scriptures is, “ Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.” Habakkuk 3:17-18 In 2001 on Thanksgiving day, a month before his 12 th birthday, our son Micah fell out of a tree and broke his femur, tore his spleen,