Skip to main content

We all need Forgiveness



Relationships can’t work without a spirit of forgiveness. This is so true and it is the heart of the gospel. Until we recognize how great a sinner we are and how great a savior Jesus is we will not have a truly humble heart of forgiveness. God told us “do not let the sun go down on your anger” for a reason. We will not have peace unless we deal with unforgiveness. We are commanded to seek and grant forgiveness daily! Jesus has forgiven us our great debt, we should be able to forgive our brother’s small debt. “Should you not also have compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?...So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses.” Matt. 20:33, 35

Nancy Leigh DeMoss said, “Too many of us live with a chip on our shoulder, as if the world owes us something. “You ought to do this for me. You ought to serve me. You ought to meet my needs.” But the humble heart – the grateful heart- says, “I don’t deserve this, and it’s an amazing act of grace that you should minister to my needs.”

 I thank God for His redeeming grace. He is a God of reconciliation. Man rebels, God forgives, man rebels, God forgives, man rebels and God forgives. Over and over and over again! God redeemed us with the perfect sacrifice of His own son. How could we not forgive when we compare our rebellion and hatred towards God and His forgiveness towards us. Nothing compares. He who knew no sin became sin for us that we could become the righteousness of God.    Marriage is a picture of Christ and His bride. It is a picture of forgiveness.

Concerning marriage, Elisabeth Elliot said in her book, Let Me Be a Woman, “You marry a sinner. There is nobody else to marry. Acceptance of him(or her)-of all of him-includes acceptance of his being a sinner. He is a fallen creature, in need of the same kind of redemption all the rest of us are in need of, and liable to all the temptations which are “common to man.” One of the silliest statements ever to catch the public imagination came out of that silly movie Love Story_ “Love is never having to say you’re sorry.” If it doesn’t make you sorry to hurt somebody you love, what in the world would ever make you sorry? You do need forgiveness. You do need to forgive. And it is a wonderfully healing thing to confess your sin to the one you’ve sinned against and to ask for his forgiveness…. So_you marry a sinner. And you love, accept, and forgive that sinner as you yourself expect to be loved, accepted, and forgiven. You know that “all have sinned and come short of the glory of God,” and this includes your husband (or wife) who comes short, also, of some of the glories you expected to find in him. Come to terms with this once and for all and then walk beside him as “heirs together of the grace of life.”

Luke 6:35,36 says “He is kind to the unthankful and evil. Therefore be merciful just as your father also is merciful.” God has called us to be imitators of Christ. The biggest need we have as humans is to be forgiven by God and to forgive one another. I praise God for His amazing grace that He would forgive us and he would lavishly pour out His grace on us that we could forgive others. “ Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smile

Smile I rushed out the door into the world. Anything could happen. I may get in a car accident. I may trip and break my leg. They might not have everything I need at the store. They might not have toilet paper! I may get corona virus! I was going outside of my bubble into the scary world. I was going to the grocery store. It is not my favorite thing to do anyway but I used to enjoy it more because there were other humans there to talk to and to smile at. Now I am not so sure. Now all I see is masked men and women and children. It is not a happy sight. I may see someone I know and not recognize them. Everyone just looks so impersonal. It seems like another world where you can not recognize any one. I miss going out in public and seeing people’s expressions and smiles. I miss talking even small talk in the grocery isles. I miss the joy of seeing someone I know and getting a chance to chat and catch up on our families, children, grandchildren, parents, friends, while we stand in fron

Stuck at Home? What’s a Mother to do?

We have been dependent on so many things. Even Home-schoolers are not used to being at home to do school. We’ re often depende nt on co-ops to teach our children. We drive them around and get others to teach them instead of teaching them at home. C o-ops come in all shapes and sizes. They are a great option and a blessing. They provide friends, tutors for subjects we don’t feel as confident in . T hey give us a sense of community. We are also dependent on various other groups such as sports, dance, mock trial, b ible studies etc. None of these are bad things in and of themselves, but maybe we have looked to these too much and became so crazy busy that we did not have time to rest and be quiet before the Lord . And now f or many of us if not most, in our town, state, country and around the world, we are suddenly sheltering at home because of the covid19 pandemic that has hit the world. W e find ourselves alone at home with our children and spouse for an indefinite a

Josiah Nathan

June 14, 2014~ For Josiah 26 years ago today God blessed us with another boy. Josiah Nathan I can say, You continue to bring us joy. Precious mem'ries are here to stay. Forgetting times you did annoy. Your laughter, spunk and fun at play, When you were young was your employ. Learning the Word and how to pray Taught to believe and to enjoy. Salvation is real not here-say Delight in Jesus, He's your joy. The Word of God does not decay, It is your sword, it's your deploy. So hide it in your heart to stay, Where storms of life can not destroy. Not on my knee, but I still pray. For God to keep you from decoy. Keep walking in the narrow way, With God your Father, your His boy. Love, Mom